Womenswear Designer - Fashion Brand
My client is an innovative brand that produces trend led fashion which is exciting, inspirational and original. They have evolved from bodycon dresses to multiproduct.
The successful candidate will bring cohesion and inspiration to the all areas of the brand. This is a great challenge for the right person to really get their teeth into. Some of their designs are worn by celebrities.
The office culture is fun, friendly and a bubbly, personable individual with an excellent work ethic would fit in well.
A Portfolio is required upon application and can be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org[Max size 5MB]
Womenswear Designer - Fashion Brand. The Role:
* You will design and work closely with the senior designer as well as other member of the design team on direction & content for the seasonal womenswear collections.
* Identifying and exploring trends suitable for the aspirational womenswear market; taking into consideration catwalk, highstreet, cultural and social influences as well as the target customer profile. Predict future trends within each product group by considering inspirational brands, trend magazines, internet and social media to create mood boards.
* Present trend conclusions and range plans to the Design teams and also the Senior Management team.
* Ensure consistent brand image across all product departments; coach design team to make sure they create cohesive collections suitable for targets customers.
* Work with Directors and Senior Buyers on future design strategies.
* Consider mid-season customer demands through regular comparative, competitor shops.
* Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers including prince range reviews.
* Completing detailed spec sheets on Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as using the computer you will hand drawing.
Womenswear Designer - Fashion Brand. The Candidate:
* Ideal candidates will have 3 - 5yrs' experience since graduating from University. You will have womenswear design background across multiproduct.
* A feminine handwriting is essential.
* Knowledge of sourcing new fabrics, suppliers and negotiation skills.
* Ideally you will be educated to degree level within fashion.
* Knowledge of garment construction, stitch techniques and fabrics.
* Hand draw skills as well as print design experience will be required.
* You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
* Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
* You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
C Vs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to -
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.