Browns Fashion is one of the world’s most iconic fashion retailers, famous for discovering designers from Alexander McQueen and John Galliano to Christopher Kane and Simone Rocha. Founded in 1970 and committed to providing the best edit of global design talent, this search for creativity, innovation and originality defines the Browns spirit. In May 2015, Browns was bought by Farfetch enabling Browns to retain its strong DNA, but leverage Farfetch’s resources and world-class, global technology platform.
Browns Fashion now enters into a new era with the objective of re-establishing Browns and Brownsfashion.com as the coolest boutique brand in the world. Join us on this incredibly exciting journey as we take steps to redefine luxury boutique shopping.
A brand new role part of Browns Operations Team that will work in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain and Retail to determine future demand for transportation resources and transform them in capacity plans. The role will be responsible for maintaining reports and accurate statistics and analysis on usage of transportation from supplier to Browns.
The Transport Specialist with be link between Operations and the wider business and resolves any potential issues that impact the customer or the business continuity.
- Capture and monitor transportation data within the company, especially from supplier to Browns, and make decisions based on available data.
- Reporting on lead times, supplier delivery performance, delivery costs, and delivery savings.
- Feeding back to the business with suggestion in how to improve the delivery lead times and delivery costs.
- Dealing with imports and exports and general custom clearance.
- Following solution-driven approach to systems and processes.
- Escalate problems or new information to relevant owners and teams such buying, merchandising, retail, finances or operations departments, and follow the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Communicate with parties external to the organisation (carriers, suppliers).
- Analyse incoterms agreed with suppliers and advise Buying Teams in most cost effective options.
- Planning and management of supplier deliveries.
- Running tender processes to choose an adequate third party or partner transport supplier.
Requiered Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with Logistics, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Science or Engineering subjects.
- Ability to read and interpret large sets of data.
- Proficiency in Advance Excel.
- Advanced computer literacy in MS package and other data management systems to assist with driving business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working experience in operations / supply chain / e-commerce ideal.