Sports/Performancewear Senior Designer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking Sportswear Designer to join a rapidly growing, exciting cycling & motor-sports brand and wholesaler. This company supplies some of the most highly recognised clothing and accessories brands, in addition to their own exciting labels too.
This opportunity would suit an existing Sportswear or Motor or Performancewear Designer looking for a new challenge and career progression. Either way this is a role with a fun, friendly company that value their staff and offer the chance for you to make your mark and be an integral part of the team.
Sports/Performancewear Senior Designer - The Role:
* Coming up with new ideas for motor garments and apparel. Creating mood/ inspiration boards.
* Also creating new, inventive POS materials (tags, swing tickets, hanger sleeves etc)
* Producing a design by hand and then using computer-aided design (CAD) Adobe Photoshop and illustrator.
* Keeping up to date with emerging trends in motor sports, as well as general trends relating to performance fabrics, colours and shapes
* Planning and developing multi product ranges.
* Working with others in the design team, to develop products to meet a brief.
* Create product specifications, working closely with the Product Development and Design departments.
* Selecting new materials and fabrics as well as technologies for performancewear.
* Liaising and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose.
Sports/Performancewear Senior Designer - The Person:
* Ideally you will have experience designing motorsports apparel, performance, lifestyle or sportswear.
* Must be genuinely interested in outdoor sports - ideally motorcycling but we're not fussy! If you are active and interested in any sports you will definitely fit in well with this dynamic team.
* Must have experience working with specialist performance fabrics.
* Ideal candidate will be able to design across apparel, accessories and labelling/POS.
* Must be adept at designing on Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Looking for a candidate with 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
* This person must be able to come up with new ideas and ways of working - a 'think outside the box' approach is required.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to -firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.