This opportunity seeks to recruit an experienced Sourcing Manager who has a strong understanding of the demands of fashion production supply and demand. To bring their knowledge and leadership qualities to the post, and fulfil both the needs of the knitwear and growing lifestyle apparel ranges. Our client is an established heritage brand with a reputation for quality mens' and ladieswear.
Sourcing Manager - The Job
* To search for new suppliers / factories, and to evaluate and develop existing supplier base.
* To deliver product development and innovation.
* To assess supplier capabilities are fit for purpose, understand commercial constraints and plan accordingly.
* To continually search for new suppliers and opportunities to deliver margin targets, in line with ethical sourcing responsibly, strategic business plans, and to increase profit.
* Establish and oversee a programme of audit compliance within supply base.Offering guidance and adherence to ethical audit requirements. Regular performance monitoring, review and action planning in partnership with factories.
* Taking ownership for critical path: problem solving and clearly communicating on time and accurate delivery.
* To define and manage all aspects of quality with the Technical Director, through the supply chain; managing factory audits and ensure compliance.
* Regular supplier performance monitoring, review and action planning in partnership with factories to meet quality levels and timescales.
* To negotiate manufacturing contracts and price setting, ensuring targets met and savings made.
* To contribute to continuous business improvement strategy.
Sourcing Manager - The Person Specification
* Proven track record in a similar sourcing management led position (min. 5years).
* In-depth understanding of offshore/UK garment manufacturing, fabric and trim supply
* Exceptional negotiation skills and expertise in garment/trim costing from a global marketplace
* Proven in establishing factory compliance, evaluation and ethical audit management systems
* Highly organised, confident management reporting (Microsoft Office)
* Strong team building, relationship and management skills
* Ability to prioritise clearly and efficiently, establish procedures and to achieve results
* Flexible approach
* Must be eligible to travel overseas as and when required.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.