Senior Manager, Supply Strategy & Success
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
LOOK BEYOND THIS SEASON’S MUST HAVE. AND MAKE A MUCH BIGGER IMPACT – WITH FARFETCH.
With us, you’ll work at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. You’ll be part of an innovative team to spot trends and source the most desired supply through curated boutiques and exceptional luxury brands.
Our Commercial team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Brand Partnerships, Business Development, Account Management, Vendor Funding, Commercial Strategy and Supply Analysis. Currently a team of 50+ in total, we have grown extensively over the last 3 years and collaborate with almost every team across the business. From building the initial relationships with our brands and boutiques, to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; our team is responsible for optimizing all of Farfetch Group’s supply and the strategy behind it.
We’re currently building out a brand new function within the Commercial team which will be focused on delivering success across our supply side strategic initiatives, central to the growth plans of the entire business.
These initiatives will fall into three main buckets:
1.Ensuring the success of our “special projects” with enterprise level supply partners – there is nothing more important to Farfetch than the relationships with these partners.
2.New category development -– analysis, planning and execution of new category roll-out, including watches, jewellery and beauty. A huge lever for our continue growth is the ability to successfully diversify into new categories.
3.Responsible for applying more strategic and operational rigour within the team across a range of internal supply projects. Making our own teams and workflows more efficient remains one of the biggest opportunities for success.
We’re looking for a commercially minded strategic thinker, who is confident with managing complicated cross-functional projects and influencing change across senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Manage complicated cross functional “special projects” with enterprise luxury supply partners (covering technology, operations, commercial and marketing workstreams)
- Establish key processes and ways of working (with internal and external stakeholders) to form a blue-print for future “special projects”
- Maintain outstanding client relationships through effective communications, reporting and problem solving
- Develop robust strategic and execution plans for new category roll-outs, namely watches and jewellery, with more in the future
- P&L responsibility for the category, accountable for its success
- Drive internal strategic initiatives across other Commercial team departments, such as assessing the suitability and profitability of our supply
- Own critical projects like building a 5 year strategic supply plan – categories, channels, partners, assortment, etc
- Work closely with the Supply Analysis function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- Form the critical bridge between art and science in the Commercial team
Who you are
- Extensive experience within consulting, category management, or similar, preferably in the luxury sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- Ability to influence change in senior internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with (occasional) ambiguity
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Commercially minded - strong focus on business development and growth with ability to work towards metrics and targets
- Project management experience, preferably in technology / digital / e-commerce
- Strong stakeholder management – ability to influence senior characters internally and externally
- Experience in growing and running a successful team – this function will be built around you, as the leader
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
- Additional languages, particularly Italian and French, a big advantage