Senior Developer / Lead Developer - Front End
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
We are looking for a Senior / Lead Developer to join our fast-paced IT Team and play a crucial role in helping to drive NEXT forward in a fast moving retail environment. You’ll be at the leading edge of the business, driving innovation through personalisation and multivariate testing whilst focusing on continuous improvement.
If impressive development knowledge, extensive commercial experience and the ability to co-ordinate complex technical projects are just a few of the great things on your CV then we’d love you to read on.
As a Lead Developer you’ll also work closely with the Development Project Manager to provide project leadership and direction to drive forward and deliver quality solutions across a variety of technologies. Acting as a technical expert and project lead within the business, you’ll be involved in the mentoring and support of other developers within the team. You’ll also ensure that all development and code follows best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
About the Role
- You’ll be required to understand and interpret Marketing specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies.
- Acting as a technical expert within the business, you’ll be involved in the mentoring and support of other developers within the team. You’ll also ensure that all development and code follows best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
- As a lead developer you’ll be responsible for managing your teams’ backlog to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Managing stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospective sessions, you’ll communicate technical and non-technical information across the business, as well as offering out-of-hours support during key periods. You’ll also work closely with other departments, negotiating effectively to ensure projects are being driven forward and are meeting business needs.
- Highly organised, you’ll be able to effectively align and co-ordinate project aims and deliverables, while providing detailed estimates for large and complex technical solutions. You’ll also be highly motivated with the ability to take ownership of projects and quickly identify and resolve any issues.
- You’ll have impressive experience of thriving in a fast-paced technical environment and working to challenging deadlines. You’ll also be able to build and maintain productive relationships within your team and across the business.
- Communicating with your team and wider business areas won’t be a problem as you’ll have excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery