Michael Kors is a rapidly growing global luxury lifestyle brand led by a world-class management team and a renowned, award-winning designer. Since launching his namesake brand 30 years ago, Michael Kors has featured distinctive designs, materials and craftsmanship with a jet-set aesthetic that combines stylish elegance and a sporty attitude. Mr. Kors’ vision has taken the Company from its beginnings as an American luxury sportswear house to a global accessories, footwear and apparel company with a presence in 74 countries.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting Michael Kors’ performance marketing program across EMEA/ROW region. This consists of channel expertise and execution of Organic Search (SEO), Paid Search, and Google Shopping. Support across the areas of Paid Social and Display marketing will also be needed. This entails day-to-day tactical execution of best practices with the web production, CRM, IT, merchants, creative, social, PR, translation, and editorial teams. Commercial awareness, teamwork, time management, strong communication skills, and attention to detail are critical aspects of this position’s responsibilities.
- Be a knowledgeable evangelist of all Performance Digital Marketing channels
- Possess working knowledge of core search engine marketing channels including SEO, Paid Search, PLAs.
- Good knowledge of technical SEO enhancements would be advantageous
- Knowledge of other channels: paid social, affiliates, display is a plus
- Be aware of competitors activity at all times to capitalize on opportunities and repel threats
- Support with the day-to-day workflow of the Search Engine Marketing program which includes key relationship building with agency partners and other broader teams
- Work with our agency to create, optimize and report on effective PPC campaigns for EMEA/ROW region
- Review ad copies and extensions to ensure they respect the brand tone of voice
- Work with the agency to enhance the performance of PLAs campaigns. Lease with our feed management provider to improve the status of the product feeds.
- Support with the management and optimization of programmatic display campaigns. Work with the agency to run tests on audiences, targeting strategy, creative etc.
- Adopt a test & learn approach, leveraging insights and data to provide rationale and results
- Streamline reporting received from agencies and internal sources (such as Adobe Analytics) to compile a broader picture of performance
- Support the Digital Marketing manager in making effective decisions based on reporting and be able to support these actions
- Constantly look for new opportunities to improve profitability and/or drive increase in sales via Paid Search and SEO and regularly make suggestions to the Digital Marketing Manager as how campaigns can be improved
- Support with the implementation of an SEO roadmap of improvements, including technical fixes and enhancements as well as content creation (meta data, keywords research)
- The candidate will work cross functionally as a key point of contact for the Digital Marketing team
- Work closely with Digital Commerce & Site Merchants to develop and deploy product-first marketing strategies that are cohesive with the brand’s initiatives
- Work closely with the Customer Analytics teams to understand the lifetime value of customers acquired through PPC and SEO
- Work closely with the Web Analytics team for reporting and tracking purposes
- 3+ years of performance marketing experience with a performance-focused agency or relevant brand
- Marketing, Business, Analytics or related qualification is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced-level Excel skills
- Direct experience with analytics tools including Adobe Analytics/Omniture or Google Analytics
- Experience working in partnership with digital agencies would be advantageous
- Knowledge of second language (particularly German or French) would be a plus
- Effective time-management and project management skills – must be able to juggle workload with high volume of meetings and emails
- Strong communication skills – must be able to extrapolate insights from data and share those with relevant stakeholder in a very easy-to-digest manner
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in line with business objectives– must be able to quickly adapt to changing projects and priorities
- Analytical skills, with the ability to build reports and summarize data in meaningful way for the goals of the business
- Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance capabilities
- Team-player with excellent relationship-building – expect to liaise with multiple departments on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment