Seamstress / Dressmaker / Couturier
Established in London in 2007 by Tamara Ralph and Michael Russo, Ralph & Russo is a luxury superbrand internationally acclaimed as the first British guest member in over a century to be accepted by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. Specialising in luxury accessories and couture, the brand is revered for producing designs that are at once feminine, contemporary and perfectly unique.
Beloved by women worldwide, Ralph & Russo is a brand committed to innovation and the values of savoir faire. With design and craftsmanship at its heart, each creation is skilfully designed and directional, commingling art and technology to produce the most extraordinary of pieces.
Available internationally - online and through a network of global boutiques - Ralph & Russo is a magnetic force for the romantic, elegant and empowered woman of today.
We are currently looking for experienced senior seamstresses to join our Atelier in London. It’s an amazing opportunity to join a leading luxury Haute Couture brand and be involved in the creation of beautiful bespoke garments.
- Reading and understanding of patterns and fabrics
- Moulding lace and fabrics
- Taking measurements
- Using the pattern to cut out the fabric pieces
- Tackling the fabric pieces together for a fitting
- Fitting the garment and making adjustments to create a perfect fit
- Use the cups and the wire
- Pin hem (by both hand and machine)
- Zip apply (by both hand and machine)
- Experience from luxury womenswear brand
- Confident with delicate fabrics like chiffon, lace, etc
- Experience with drapping: soft and fitted pleats (in all differents materials)
- Able to French Seam (3mm)
- Good team communication skills
- Able to work efficiently to tight deadlines
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a trial day at our Atelier.