London Ethnic exists to help London-based designers and fashion artisans. London Ethnic is a London fashion house that helps to promote and build the careers of London fashion designers. We showcase London-based labels and brands and help with production, marketing, events and sales. All our designers are based in the UK and all production occurs ethically in the UK
We are currently looking for experienced Freelance seamstresses to join our Fashion house. It’s an amazing opportunity to join an exciting Fashion house who help emerging and established designers with production of their collections.
This role will require to work freelance, however this role may possibly lead to a permanent position.
The successful candidate will work remotely as well as on site.
· Reading and understanding of patterns and fabrics
· Using the pattern correctly to create the garment.
· Tackling the fabric pieces together for a fitting
· Fitting the garment and making adjustments to create a perfect fit
. Understanding every Designers needs
. Ability to advise the Designer on better finishing and so on.
· Experienced in Womenswear and Menswear
· Confident with with all types of Fabric
· Experience with draping
· Able to French Seam (3mm)
· Good team communication skills
· Able to work efficiently to tight deadlines
· Knowledge in domestic and industrial machines