Sales Manager UK & Ireland
With a passion for innovative knit design, London-based cousins Anna Singh and Rachael Wood founded Chinti and Parker in 2009 to bring a new level of tactility to contemporary womenswear. Driven by the concept of ‘material creativity’, the brand uses the finest yarns to create collections underpinned by sophisticated textures and distinctive character.
With strong backgrounds in fashion and beauty, yet armed with an inherent understanding of what women feel good in, Anna and Rachael sought to combine a playful approach with timeless techniques, and to inject colour, texture and spirit into the current market. They saw an opportunity to use cashmere in distinctive new ways, creating ready-to-wear collections elevated by time-honoured textile processes. By using the finest cottons, softest cashmere and lightest merinos, and working with the most respected mills, the brand experiments with knit, stays loyal to luxury craftsmanship and is effortless in style.
Today, Chinti and Parker’s ready-to-wear collections are inspired by modern knitwear, but the portfolio has evolved to include jersey, tailoring and accessories elevated with humour and unexpected details.
The brand’s classic-with-a-twist essence has garnered a loyal following of women that include Emma Watson, Arizona Muse, Cara Delevigne, and Alexa Chung.
Current stockists include Net-A-Porter, Harrods, Selfridges, Nordstrom, Lane Crawford, Le Bon Marché among others.The brand can be found at over 180 stockists worldwide
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, target driven UK Sales Manager to join our growing team. The role will cover UK and Ireland Department Store and Independent wholesale sales and administration, and private/personal order clients.
* Drive business with existing UK/IE Department Stores in all areas from pre-season planning, through order selection, in-season trade, and end of-season agreements
* Investigate new opportunities with second tier Department Stores where appropriate
* Support and grow existing UK independent accounts, assisting with training, reorders, and swaps as necessary
* Being innovative in ways to maximise efficiency with existing business and finding new business
* Management of personal orders, private selling events and trunk shows
* Maintaining highest standards of customer service at all times
* Working with the Head of Sales to create sales targets by store, strategizing each season to obtain these targets
* Researching new business, booking appointments, collecting Department store OTBs
* Organisation and management of UK and International showrooms and trade shows in conjunction with the International Account Executive, including sample co-ordination, booking models, setting up selling systems
* Attending all major trade markets in London, Paris, and New York where necessary
* Selling directly to UK Accounts, and ad hoc international accounts where required
* Ensuring orders are reviewed, relevant feedback given & orders submitted by deadline
* Working with the merchandising and logistics teams on order processing and analysis, after sales analysis and support
* Sample co-ordination during market between showrooms
* In store product training with each new collection, visiting top 10 accounts at seasonal launch periods where appropriate, supporting with on hand & selling tools
* Working directly with accounts on marketing initiatives, events, incentives, uniform, shop fit/displays
* Analysing sell throughs, recommending & driving reorders, stock swaps & SOR in conjunction with the Head of Sales and Merchandising
* UK Wholesale customer database management, including maps
* At least 3-5 years previous experience of UK Womenswear wholesale sales
* Comfortable travelling abroad whenever required
* Strong commercial awareness
* An ability to work well under pressure
* Develop strong business relationships externally and internally to gain support and cooperation to drive business
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
* Exceptional organisation, analytical, and IT skills, particularly excel and operational/selling systems
* Demonstrate an in depth understanding of the fashion industry and specifically wholesale KPI’s.
* Responsible for all UK sales in conjunction with the Head of Sales
* The role will also require attendance and assistance at all customer facing events
* Aware of the international fashion industry, trends and key wholesale accounts
* Developed selling skills
* Keen relationship builder with a hunger to develop their network
* Strategic & creative thinker
* Understanding of financials & KPI’s. Target & goals driven
* Proactive follow through to optimise/maximise revenues
* Understands Brand values & demonstrates through behaviours
* Partnership approach with both internal & external partners
* Good listener and keen learner
* Well Presented at all times
Key Internal Relationships
Merchandising, Production, Wholesale Logistics