Quality Assurance Manager
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team
Next Sourcing Services Limited (Bangladesh) is the sourcing and manufacturing arm of Next PLC and is the largest of their global regional offices.
The Quality Assurance team has a pivotal role working closely with the Next Sourcing, Technical, Product Development and Merchandising teams, as well as our Suppliers, to ensure all manufactured products meet the required expectations of our customer (NEXT UK).
You will mentor and develop the Quality team within the NSBD organization as well as all existing and new suppliers, to ensure they meet our expectations in terms of quality, cost and on-time delivery. You will manage a team of 28 staff located in Dhaka and a total of 50 factories, all of the QA team will report directly to you.
• Recruit, train, motivate and discipline the Factory and QC teams, as required, to follow all NEXT procedures and to communicate effectively to all internal NSBD departments.
• Maintain a professional standard of work and decision-making at all times by setting the benchmark for behavior.
• Ensure that the quality standards of the business are competitive, commercial and clearly defined.
• Evaluate the manufacturing facilities and capabilities. Provide targeted training to vendors - ensure they understand the standards and are able to translate these requirements accurately into samples and bulk production.
• Manage all aspects of the quality teams including: selection, providing technical training and development, coaching/counseling, conducting performance evaluations, communication of operational goals and objectives.
• Proactively develop and implement initiatives to drive continuous improvement and support opportunities to reduce cost, reduce defect rates and shorten production time-lines.
• Develop good working relationships with garment manufacturers and laundries.
• Establish and maintain robust working procedures with suppliers. Ensure all procedures comply with NEXT requirements.
• Conduct regular seminars, presentations and training sessions for the QA teams and the Suppliers, to keep them up to date with NEXT procedures and manufacturing standards.
• Help to make commercial decisions, whenever necessary, in conjunction with Fabric / Garment Techs and the Merchandising teams and in line with NEXT expectations and requirements.
• Conduct factory evaluations to determine their Development and Product capabilities.
• Set and manage any Corrective Action Plans wherever appropriate.
• Ensure compliance standards will meet all NEXT requirements and local government legislation at all times.
• Communicate regularly with the UK Technology teams on all quality-related issues. Establish clear lines of communications and develop strong relationships based on trust.
• Engage with the culture of the business and have a passion for product.
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships.
• Always be willing to help and operate with integrity.
• Be a self-starter who delivers, has a ‘can do’ attitude and remains professional
• Be tenacious, self-determined and confident.
• Act with a commercial attitude and understand the customers expectations.
Knowledge / Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor Degree in Textile Technology and/or a extensive working experience as QA Inspector and strong managerial experience
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook)
• Experience in dealing Knitwear, Woven, Jersey items
• Previous experience in manufacturing & sourcing in the Asia region
We offer good career prospects with an attractive salary remuneration including 5-day work week, housing allowance, home trip, discretionary bonus, vehicle support and full covered travel and medical insurance to the right candidate.
- Bonus Scheme
- One flight home per year
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistant
- UK Business Trips
- International Medical Cover
- Repatriation Assistance