Project Manager - Home & Interiors
Hermès was founded by Thierry Hermès in Paris in 1837, as a house of master harnessmaking. In 1880, his son transferred the family firm to its now famous address, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, where he expanded into the saddlery business. In 1918, with the advent of the automobile, the founder's grandson, Émile Hermès, foresaw the changes to come in transportation. He launched a line of fine leather goods and luggage with 'saddle stitching'. The Hermès style was born and soon extended to include clothing, jewellery, diaries, silk scarves, and other items.
Today, Hermès is active in 16 different sectors including: Leather Goods, Men's and Women's Silks, Men's and Women's Ready-to-Wear, Perfumes, Watches, Diaries, Hats, Footwear, Gloves and Belts, Enamel, Art of Living, Tableware and Jewellery.
International in scope, Hermès has continued to grow while remaining a family firm with a uniquely creative spirit that blends precision manufacturing with traditional craftsmanship.
Further establishing the exposure of Hermès Maison and Interior Projects. Ensuring Architects and Decorators (A&D) are a key target for strengthening sales and working with them to launch new projects, contracts and build prospective clients. Being a specialist for Horizon’s projects, furniture and interior projects for Hermès clients in the UK. Maintaining the Maison space in the Bond Street store with the instore ambassadors and Visual Merchandising (VM) team.
1. A&D Business
- Participation and management for fairs and events (e.g. Milan furniture fair, Paris Maison & Objet, London Masterpiece).
- Work on key identified projects:
a) Prepare professional documents (presentations)
b) Advise and bring technical skills
c) Establish quotations
d) Follow-up of the project up to delivery and payment transfers
e)Shipment (incl. export) and insurance management
- Liaise with the UK Press team for potential opportunities of adjoining exhibitions,
- Arrange Bond Street showroom appointments for A&Ds.
- Visit UK A&D studios to present Hermès collections.
- Annual internal Paris meetings.
2. Bond Street Maison
- Communication of new collections to the sales teams.
- Co-ordination for training in conjunction with the Learning and Development Manager.
- Providing sales tools (i.e. catalogues, price lists, presentations).
- Update VM Team with new proposals of scenography changes.
- Ensure your colleagues are aware of Hermès Horizons projects and the work they undertake, whilst also ensuring that any potential business is followed up and developed.
- A specialist for furniture and interior design project queries for all UK stores.
- Support in the setup of UK store launches.
- Podium Maison strategy meetings.
3. Internal Duties
- Exchange regular information with the Hermès Maison Director, European Commercial Maison Director and with the in store sales ambassadors.
- Support and update the staff in store as required.
- Exchange regular information with the UK press team about new collections
- Liaising with the Finance team on invoicing and shipment management for projects.
- Stock management with Warehouse.
- Manage all client communication for Maison orders.
- Manage all orders, follow-up’s, delays, deadlines and all other communications relating to customer orders.
- Organise pro-forma invoices.
- Ensure accuracy in all orders and invoices generated.
- Maintain an updated client list for Maison and A&D customers.
4. Additional Tasks
- Maintenance and care of top 200 contacts of A&D.
- Push and maintain other avenues for trade business (such as; relationships with Members clubs, stylists, personal shoppers and department stores).
- Manage interior design projects from beginning to end.
- Coordinate and manage professional Maison events (i.e. collaborate with press days, fairs and store events).
- Manage product loaning in conjunction with the Paris office.
- Work closely with the Commercial Interior Design and Maison department in Paris.
- Arrange workshop and showroom visits to Paris.
- Support with A&D contacts for international Maison events
- Knowledge of A&D market and upcoming developments is useful.
- Very organised, rigorous and reliable, able to organize his/her work autonomously and to anticipate ahead.
- Professional with ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Client- and service-oriented, with very strong communication skills
- Proficient with Excel / IT tools