SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Merchandiser to join our Central Purchasing team in our head offices in Cheltenham. This role requires someone with substantial production, wholesale or merchandising experience, ideally with a fashion background and who is capable of managing the order process for Superdry’s growing Global Retail, Wholesale and Licensee business. This is a busy role, suited to someone who is forward thinking, able to use their own initiative to problem solve and who has high attention to detail.
- Proactively manage factory performance to meet required order specifications and delivery timelines
- Place orders with suppliers within customer requirements. Track and monitor progress from buy through to forwarder handover
- Manage key performance indicators to achieve targets including on time delivery performance, order confirmation, etc.
- Provide superior service to internal customers, ensuring regular updates and clear, consistent communication
- Manage direct reports through delegating work, prioritizing tasks and ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of duties performed. Provide growth and development opportunities to prepare direct report for potential future roles. Contribute to the success of the team.
- Become an expert on internal systems, ensure that information is up to date, accurate and reflects the actual situation at all times, in order to successfully support the business
- Manage and support the development of Junior Production Merchandisers and Production Administrators and appropriately delegate work to ensure accuracy of administrative processes
- Ensure that reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner and analyse the data effectively in order to manage supplier performance and customer needs.
- Other projects and tasks as required to support a fast paced, growing business
- Substantial experienced in production / wholesale / merchandising / purchasing environment within the fashion sector
- Confident working with high volumes of data and able to work autonomously with high attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in the fashion production cycle / buy seasons and critical path within fashion
- Experienced working with International fashion suppliers
- Advanced in Excel with the ability to analyse and manipulate data to provide clear reports
- A clear communicator with excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships at all levels cross-functionally
- Previously experienced in leading or supervising others
- Proactive in your approach to resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload effectively in a fast moving and changing environment
- Able to deliver business objectives to an agreed timeline consistently
- Continuously seeking out improvements and innovations in process
- A desire to exceed customer needs and build strong working relationships
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount