Product Manager – Menswear &Amp; Boyswear Jersey
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
To maximize the Next Sourcing Sales & Profit for your given area. This will be achieved by working closely with your in house design and Next design teams, ensuring you have the most appropriate local manufacturers which will result in the best offer for Next.
• Achieve sales targets.
• Set sales budgets together with Merchandising Manager for each relevant product category / department
• Establish Product & Sourcing strategies together with merchandising team to achieve the sales and margin target.
• Monitor status of sales and margin against the budget on a continual basis and react as necessary.
• Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer. Use this information and your understanding of the Product Offer from the Country / Region to develop strategies to grow the business.
• Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within Next. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams.
• Manage the product offer from the Country / Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and lead times. Develop strategies with them to offer NEXT a competitive edge.
• Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
• Ensure Customer visits to the Country / Region is well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
• Solve problems and deal with issues professionally and promptly as they arise.
• Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate
• You’ll have a strong design or product development background ideally in Menswear for the UK market
• Excellent project management and interpersonal skills to develop strategies to offer the brand a competitive edge
• Excellent communication skills to work with the Product Development, Yarn Sourcing, Merchandising and Technical teams to ensure we maintain our excellent Product Offer
• Be sales focused and commercially driven with good price negotiation skills
• Have excellent presentation skills to present products strategically
• Be resourceful, energetic, well-organized, analytical and competent
• A real self- starter and great problem solver
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Healthcare Scheme
- Uniform Allowance
- Great Bonuses
- First Pick of Sale Stock
- Flexible Shifts... Pick up or Exchange or Offer shifts using your phone
- Online Employee Perks – Hot deals and exclusive offers
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Healthcare Benefits Scheme – For you and your family
- Staff Shops – Bargains all year round