President Fashion – Kuwait (up to £250,000 Tax Free Plus Expat Package)
Switch Consulting is a Specialist Retail recruitment company based in the UK. Finding the best retail talent is what we do. Developing individuals’ careers and delivering to the demands of fast-paced retail businesses is our total focus.
With consumer demand for international retail brands continuing to develop dramatically in the Middle East and throughout our global markets, this company is implementing a rapid growth strategy aimed at doubling its turnover and retail coverage in the coming years. The President - Fashion will be responsible for managing a portfolio of international fashion brands across the Middle-East & North Africa, Turkey, Eastern Europe and Russia. The role will be based at this company’s headquarters in Kuwait and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Fully responsible for a large portfolio of brands in this company’s fashion business, the President – Fashion will be a member of the operating board and will be ultimately accountable for achieving the division's budgets.
- To spearhead the operations of the fashion business across multiple markets.
- To ensure that related objectives, programs and plans are fully aligned to the company's growth plans as per the Annual Operating Plan
- To ensure that all managed projects deliver results and achieve their budgets.
- To lead and develop a team of executives capable of producing the required outputs, delivering critical leadership.
- To set-up, maintain and enhance operational partnerships with franchise host brands located overseas.
- At least 20 years of leadership business positions in prominent multinational retail companies.
- Very strong operations, trading and merchandising experience
- Proven expertise in the fashion retail sector
- Track record of multi-function P&L accountability within complex/matrix corporate environments
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence a variety of business and support functions.
- Successful track record of significant and quantifiable growth and profit achievements.
- Experience of living abroad as an expatriate preferred but not essential.
Skills and Experience:
- Very hands-on, energetic and dynamic with strong attention to detail.
- Passion for customer service and retail
- Comfortable managing complexity
- A proven track record of delivering success through teamwork.
- An influential, inspirational proactive and trusted leader
- A confident communicator - very strong command of English (verbal and written)