Pattern Cutting & Garment Technology Placement
Multi-Award Winning Fashion Designer
Having been named as one of Africa’s Top 10 Male Designers, as well as being awarded both the Fashions Finest Menswear Designer of the Year and the BEFTA Best Male Designer 2012, Zekaryas Solomon continues to thrive as a London based, Bespoke fashion designer.
The end of 2012 saw Zekaryas Solomon as guest of honour at FAFA’s Fashion for Peace Gala held in Kenya. Moving into 2013 with the introduction of the first Womenswear collection. Taking part in the Ethno Tendance showcase in Brussels saw the incorporation of accessories, with bags becoming a prominent feature within the Spring/Summer ‘14 collection.
Zekaryas Solomon is not just a brand, but a passionate designer whose individuality is expressed through each item he creates. Drawing inspiration from both his Architectural, and traditional Eritrean backgrounds, the amalgamation of these worlds allowing for a fresh and innovative look at style.
Producing a high concept label of bespoke tailored garments, Zekaryas Solomon interacts with his clients. Applying their imagination to his creations, while recognising and establishing an intimate cohesion with their own personalities.
The use of clean lines, intricate details and impeccable structure are all key aspects of Zekaryas Solomon’s designs.
Characterised by versatility, originality and simplicity, a dress is never just a dress, but can be flipped, twisted or wrapped. His unusual solutions for pockets, collars, closures and fastenings form the basis for his multifunctional design elements, each garment becoming unique to the wearer.
Duration: Placement, Full-Time/Part-Time
Time period: minimum 3 months maximum 6 months
We are looking for a skilled Pattern Cutter & Garment Tech to join our team, who wishes to not only gain experience but also learn different styles of constructions and cuts. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with respected and recognised Multi-Award Winning Fashion Brand. They will be working on all our collections for Menswear, Womenswear and Accessories plus on the business side. This is a great opportunity to work alongside the designer on a future project in creating collections from generating ideas to finished product.
- Specific preparation for all of our Menswear and Womenswear collection.
- Should be able to develop patterns, interpret sketches and images into patterns.
- Product development relating to the garments technical issues, such as aiding with the selection of which trims, fabrics and accessories to use.
- Applying above findings and research to the garments and products.
- Creating a detailed spec sheet and paper work for each pattern produced for factory to follow.
- As a Pattern Cutter / Garment Tech you will work with the Designer and other team members.
- Speaking with other departments and the factories, communication is key.
- Follow the critical path and raising any issues.
- Speaking with buyers feeding information regarding samples and fits requirements.
Skills & Experience
- The candidate must have very strong technical abilities.
- The candidate should have a keen eye for understanding shapes, garment structure, construction and pattern cutting.
- Produce technical garment specifications (tech packs) to enable factories to produce right-first-time samples and Garment Technology to rigorously test the sample products for quality control purposes.
- Basic Sewing skills, relevant educational background in the field.
- Your CV & Portfolio in PDF format
- The date you are available to begin/end your placement
Job Type: Part-time
Placement: International undergraduates/graduates and 2nd year UK undergraduates nationals to apply only.
Job Location: London
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Pattern Cutting Garment & Technology 2 years
Required language: English