We are a new fashion start-up focused on making ethical, eco-friendly, sustainable and animal-free products.
We are a new fashion start-up focused on making ethical, eco-friendly, sustainable and animal-free products. We need talented, dynamic and creative people with a 'can do attitude’ to take a lead and join us on this exciting journey. You must be able to bring fresh ideas to the team. We are looking for someone who is always on the lookout for the next new trend and can spot it before anyone else. Please find the responsibilities below.
•Contribute with new ideas on ethical, sustainable, eco-friendly and animal-free fabrics and trims
•Be confident to present ideas in meetings
•A level of knowledge and understanding of high fashion trends (elegant, smart and casual-smart) and wider cultural movements, must be shown and reported
•Mentoring/managing junior members of the team, which includes long-term internships if needed
•Building close working relationships with anyone allowing a collaborative approach to defining and producing collections that reflect the brand and its concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains
•Liaising with suppliers throughout the sampling and development process to make the product the best it can be
•Tech pack and spec all designs clearly exhibited so these can be interpreted easily and accurately by factories
•Knowledge of garment construction (both male and female) to fit and comment on samples once in hand to make any final adjustments and improvements before going to production
•Translate designers' concepts into a prototype pattern.
•Review the prototype garments making appropriate changes until the fit is approved, making sure that all critical path requirements are met
•Promote to the production library a final pattern version electronically
•Produce a detailed product specification for every pattern/style
•Liaise with designer on future concepts and new fits or interpretations
•Deliver all patterns and specifications on time
•Manage the production of sample
•Adopting different methods of pattern cutting
•Grade pattern to the appropriate sizes as briefed
•Assess garment design suitability for the selected fabric and ensure any restrictions are taken into consideration when creating patterns
•Put toiles into work where required to ensure patterns meet fit, construction and design expectations
•Pattern cutting and designing trend led fashion products
• Have an understanding of fashion products manufacturing process
• Ability of identifying a trend maker and/or leader and taking it to the next level
• Portfolio should be directional and aspirational whilst demonstrating an ability to present this creative thinking into a well-rounded, commercial range, relevant to the current market-place
• Precision and accuracy must be shown from concept stage through to specs and final designs
• A love, unwavering passion and drive for the chosen field
• Individuality, creativity and style
• Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications
• Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels
• Hand-drawing is a non-negotiable skill that must be demonstrated by the candidate
• Proficient CAD - Illustrator/Photoshop skills
• Researching and attending networking events regularly
• Travelling abroad if needed
• A confident communicator; the candidate must demonstrate exceptional
• Organisational skills in order to manage workloads and time-pressures effectively. Ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent understanding of fit and construction achieving customer and factory expectations.
• Speed and accuracy able to interpret designer’s sketches
• A commercial and current eye for young fashion.
• Flexible, reliable and accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
• Proactive team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Passionate, enthusiastic and confident.
• You will need to be able to demonstrate you have experience as a pattern cutter.
• Be efficient, punctual and hard working
Location: Main office based in London, with a possibility of working from home
• Company Social Events
• Discount on Company Products
• Bonus opportunities
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply with cover letter, CV and examples of previous work to be successfully considered for the role.