JOY indulges and delights with a unique selection of men's and women's fashion, homeware and gifts that dare to be different. Rather than dictating to its customer, JOY facilities with collections that beg to be worn, styled and enjoyed freely.
Born in London, the personality of JOY is as diverse and rich as its home-city, boasting eclectic products that are ultra-chic yet desirably different. With 19 stores across the UK and an exciting online retail destination, www.joythestore.com JOY has built up a stellar reputation, famous for its offering of lovingly hand-selected labels, including principal label Louche; designed-by women, for women to indulge fashion fantasies with exclusive style and vintage flair.
We are looking for a new Office Manager for our Joy HQ. This position is based near Waterloo (Kennington) in South East London, and as well as fulfilling office management duties, the candidate will provide PA support to our Directors.
Responsibilities as Office Manager:
- HR and recruitment responsibilities for Head Office & store staff
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Assisting with any IT queries, desk set up/moves, printer stocks etc.
- Supporting Admin staff with stationery and supplies ordering for Head Office & stores
- To ensure that there is adequate administrative cover within the office at all times
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management.
- Take accountability for office overheads including stationery, paper consumption, etc.
- arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Opening/closing the office and having responsibility as main keyholder for the building
- Take responsibility for maintenance or cleaning issues (e.g. air conditioning, heating, toilets, power, lighting etc.)
- Assisting with co-ordination of meeting rooms/show rooms & ensuring presentable at all times.
- Supporting customer service team by responding to escalated customer enquiries and complaints
Responsibilities as PA include:
- Diary management
- Supporting & assisting other office departments/staff members
- Liaising with banks and building relationships
- Reviewing of Purchase Orders/Expenses costs prior to approval
- Planning travel itineraries, booking accommodation, flights, arranging transfers.
- Set up a new filing system for both the office and personal documentation
- Writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations
- Minute writing for meetings
- Supporting in ad hoc accounting tasks & approval processes
- Personal organization of MOTs, healthcare, insurances etc.
- Occasional ad hoc out of hours support
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong business acumen & desire to learn
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly organized and able to juggle several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Friendly and professional manner, confident and adaptable.
- Some previous experience as a PA would be advantageous, in addition to some fashion/retail knowledge or experience working in a retail store.