Nights Warehouse Team Manager
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Nights Warehouse Team Manager
£24,909.00 - £29,083.00 - depending on experience
Various night shifts available. All shifts include one weekend day.
Working in a fast paced, ever changing Distribution Warehouse, our Team Managers are vital to ensuring that our millions of happy customers receive their orders correctly and on time.
Taking full responsibility for the effective management of our people, you will motivate and develop your team to achieve challenging efficiency targets. Our Team Managers lead by example, encouraging a strong team orientated work ethic whilst promoting a fun, fair and rewarding work environment.
About the role:
You will be required to;
- Direct line manage a team of up to 30 warehouse operative
- Work within a team of 100+ Team Managers in a large distribution operation processing up to 600,000 units per day via a 24/7 intake/pick/pack/despatch process
- Work within daily tight deadlines to ensure Next Online UK and International customers receive their orders by the service promise with minimum failures
- Control deployment of resource throughout the day including between department, floors and areas
- Review your team’s KPI performance weekly covering absence, productivity performance, down time and errors.
- Support and nurture new starters and those that require additional support, having full autonomy to manage more challenging performance capabilities up to and including dismissals and grievances
- Resilient and work best under pressure?
- A motivational leader, experienced in coaching and developing a team?
- Great at multi-tasking effectively and thrive on challenge?
- A natural problem solver and organiser, able to make sure your team are meeting their performance requirements?
- Flexible with a ‘can do’ approach and able to adapt to a changing environment?
- A strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships across the business?
- A natural people person confident at holding more difficult conversations?
Essential skills required:
- Experience of managing people within a similar warehouse role
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
In return we will offer you:
- An opportunity to work with the leading technologies within Warehousing & Logistics
- Continuous training through our internal development programmes
- A competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and contributory pension
- Access to our Sharesave scheme
- Uniform clothing allowance of £300 per season alongside company issued uniform
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
- 25% discount on Next Merchandise
- Up to 70% discount at our staff shops
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount