This opportunity is open to graduates looking to pursue a career in merchandising (supplier), or a second job opportunity for someone with a little merchandising/production knowledge who is looking to further their career and take on new responsibilities.Confident analytical/Excel skills are essential.
Merchandiser - The Role
* Take day-to-day control of the merchandising activities and the full critical path process.
* Attend and contribute to weekly critical path meetings.
* Establish and maintain regular communication with manufacturing locations to; ensure visibility of new orders; agree box plans; agree shipping dates; and resolve all issues in an effective and efficient manner.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with customer(s).
* Assume accountability for achieving delivery dates as per agreed costed margins.
* Using business systems input load all purchase orders promptly and accurately.
* Strive to improve ways of working through carrying out regular performance reviews and seeking customer feedback.
* Ensure the Commercial Executive is kept fully up-to-date with progress; highlighting any potential issues and proposing solutions where possible.
* Inform the Merchandise Manager and all appropriate parties of any unforeseen 'on costs' in an efficient and timely manner and resolve through re-charge where possible.
Merchandiser - The Candidate
Relevant experience within a similar wholesale, supplier merchandising role (min. 3 yrs +) with a clear understanding of the critical path process.
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Team player and easily approachable
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
* Shows resilience and copes well under pressure
* Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.
* Understanding of the garment costing, production process is desirable
* A willingness to travel UK and overseas
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.