Menswear Fashion Features Editor
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
DON’T CHANGE FASHION FOR A SEASON. CHANGE IT FOREVER.
Our Offline-Marketing team is one of the largest within the business currently consisting of 38 Farfetchers across 7 teams, PR, Brand Marketing, Editorial & Design, VIP Shopping , Social Media and Advertising Sales. You will have exposure into all of the work our brilliant teams do. From creating the revolutionary content for our Editorial features and stories, launching our first ever ad campaign ‘The Unfollowers’ to running a world class in-house PR desk, this is the chance to work with some incredibly creative and innovative fashion professionals.
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE CURATORS IN FASHION.
We’re looking for a talented Menswear Fashion Features Editor to come on board and join our Editorial team here at Farfetch, reporting to and working closely with the Editorial Director and Editorial Fashion Director. You will be a thoughtful leader in the branded content space and work closely with the International teams, creative, social media, and advertising sales teams to create branded content that aligns with Farfetch KPIs, all while upholding the site’s tone of voice and style through a versed output of optimised copy and brand expertise.
- Stay ahead of fashion and editorial trends, best practices and branding initiatives
- Work with others on the Editorial team to plan the Editorial calendar on a seasonal basis
- Conception, research, production and editing of copy for menswear fashion stories, specifically trend stories, how-to-wear stories, designer interviews and text accompanying fashion shoots
- Work with the Picture Editor to source imagery for the above stories
- Generate ideas for menswear editorial features and interviews collaborating closely with the Editor and Menswear Fashion Editor
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ideate and produce cohesive, integrated written content for advertising campaigns tailored to the Farfetch brand DNA and KPIs
- Ensure onsite content is optimized for search and social sharing
- Raise the profile of the Farfetch site and brand externally
- Network at industry events
Who You Are:
- Extensive experience within offline or online fashion publishing or ecommerce
- Well-versed in fashion - specifically menswear - lifestyle trends and brands, including home décor, travel and food
- Strong grammar, research, and copyediting skills as well as a strong passion for storytelling and brainstorming
- A comprehensive knowledge of online editorial best practices, including an understanding of SEO
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work autonomously providing self-direction
- Team player attitude and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ambitious and driven with an impeccable work ethic
- Professional approach with a real pride in quality of work
- A solution focused approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships