Media Sales Executive
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative. Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we are always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
You will form part of Farfetch Connect – an innovative new advertising division offering data-driven marketing solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to help us shape the future of our business and help us to create a new, best in class team. We’re on the lookout for a highly experienced Senior Sales Executive with a strong understanding of custom online advertising solutions in addition to programmatic, mobile and video sales opportunities. You’ll be commercially minded with strong strategic and operational sales skills.
- You will own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- You will work closely with the Global Fashion Sales Director to drive a clear and coherent strategy within the digital display marketplace in your market, developing tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- You will build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- You will partner with clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- You will effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- You will represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- You will understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- You will identify and report on business opportunities in target markets
- You will use your brand and agency contacts to drive mutually beneficial revenue partnerships across digital display (online, mobile, iPad etc) properties
Who you are:
- You have proven sales and negotiation experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven digital sales experience and ability to create and package advertising solutions across multiple marketing platforms
- You must have an exceptional “black book” of relevant fashion client & agency contacts and will be able to hit the ground running from day one.
- You will have demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
- You have proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- You are an excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You have initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- You have good planning and organizational skills
- You have strong business and commercial acumen
- You are a team player
- You have strong interpersonal skills and approachable manner
- You have the ability to work calmly under pressure within a high growth environment
- You are willing to travel
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.