SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Our in-house legal team play a key role within Superdry, ensuring that every aspect of our complex international business is fully compliant with the legal requirements of every country we operate in. As Legal Counsel, you will provide legal advice and support to our business on a global scale to ensure that we manage the legal risks of Superdry.
- Ensure our business partners have appropriate contracts in place which are reviewed and negotiated as appropriate
- Ensure routine contracts with suppliers and customers are dealt with smoothly and efficiently
- Draft and negotiate all contracts with franchise, agency, distribution, wholesale and third party suppliers.
- Communicate with colleagues about compliance matters and advise the business on this (in particular competition, data protection and anti-bribery)
- Effectively manage all property transactions and commercial disputes
- Update and maintain legal templates and processes
- Advise the business on marketing campaigns and sponsorship agreements
- Ensure that external counsel have been instructed as and when necessary
- Provide day to day legal advice to the business
- Proactively engaging with the business
- A qualified solicitor (England & Wales) with an excellent academic record and from an In-house or private practice background
- Organised and self-sufficient with a high attention to detail
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- An excellent negotiator, influencer with strong legal drafting skills
- An effective communicator both written and orally
- Experienced in working in an international remit
- Able to effectively foster strong working relationships within the team and with cross functional team members
- Able to manage a broad network of third party contracts
- Experienced in process change and improvement
- Based within a commutable distance to our head office in Cheltenham
What we offer
- A competitive base salary, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday, 50% discount