Armed with the vision of a decidedly distinct sartorial niche, Lebanese-born, Paris-raised Mira Mikati pursued her fashion ambitions from a young age, attending Paris’s École Supérieure des arts et Techniques de la Mode at 17 before gaining certificates from Parsons New York and Central Saint Martins. The archetype to her now-eponymous label was conceived in the early 2000s, with Selfridges and Bon Marché among the first to pick up orders, before being put on hold in 2004 for a familial relocation to Beirut.
We are looking for a talented enthusiastic knitwear student or graduate to be part of our design team. The position is part time, 2-3 days per week, up to 6 months to help us prepare for the AW18 and SS19 collections. It will be a very hands-on position that will require someone hard working and good at taking direction. We are a small team, therefore the selected candidate will have an opportunity to be very involved throughout their time with us and gain real experience with everything that goes into creating a collection from research, design and sampling to understanding how to work with suppliers, mills and manufacturers.We are looking for individuals who are experienced using domestic knitting machines; fully fashioning garments and be very competent and confident with a wide variety of stitches, or some hand-knit and hand-crochet.
- Trend and Inspirational Research
- Communicationg with Suppliers
- Sketching and Technical Drawings
- Preparing tech packs by using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Hand Sewing and Textile Sampling
- Hand Knitting and crochet trials
- Maintaining Organization within the Studio
- Running Errands
Skills and qualities required:
- A knitwear design course at BA(HONS) level
- A passion and interest for all things print, fashion, art, music and embroidery
- A good understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
- A professional and positive attitude and willingness to lend a hand at a variety of tasks, no matter how big or small.
- Good time keeping
- Good organizational skill is a must
-Flexible and self-motivated approach with the ability to adapt to a changing environment;
If you think you’ve got what it takes please send your CV and examples of work with a brief covering letter. Please send work which can showcase your knitwear technical skills and CAD skills as well.