hr Business Partner
Uniqlo is a modern Japanese company that inspires the world to dress casually.
Uniqlo has enjoyed strong growth by offering high-quality casual wear at reasonable prices based on its SPA (Specialty Store Retailer of Private Label Apparel) business model, which spans product design, manufacture, distribution and retail.
The first Uniqlo store opened in 1984 in Japan. Uniqlo now has more than 1900 stores and worldwide operations, including the U.K., China, Hong Kong, South Korea, the United States, France, Singapore, Russia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Germany, Belgium, Australia and Canada.
Part of the Fast Retailing group, Uniqlo is truly determined to achieve the goals in the group's mission statement: "Changing clothes. Changing conventional wisdom. Change the world." and to become the #1 Retail Apparel Group in the world.
As a Human Resources advisor for Uniqlo UK, your main missions will be to act as a role model for all Uniqlo and Fast Retailing values and principles, to support line managers in the daily human resources operations and deliver HR services for stores, to make sure business operated in compliance with legal rules and obligations and to ensure effective implementation of all global HR projects in the French business.
- Support store operation team in their day to day HR matters
- Support the HRBP in ensuring of all HR policies and tools in their area through regular store visits and - HR audits, in line with country legal requirements, and provide communication and training on this - when required
- Manage store openings recruiting projects together with Store operations team
- Discuss and collect hiring plans from stores, and build up accurate recruitment calendar
- Support implementation of the recruiting processes and tools, and ensure line managers education, training and coaching
- Delivery of UMC recruitment programme (Uniqlo’s Graduate programme) at local level: actively supports attraction phase, ensure 1st stage selection, make offers, analyze campaigns and strive for constant improvement by proposing changes and ideas
- Identification of development and training needs
- Support implementation and follow up of training plan with the Country HR BP, including legal obligations if applicable in the country
- Co-ordination of evaluation and promotion process at store level
- Contribute with the HRBP to develop and implement strategies that will maximise employee engagement and motivation at all levels in the business
INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Be the main point of contact for all employees relation issues in store
- To act as a coach to line managers and employees
- Handle basic disciplinary cases in cooperation with relevant departments/ partners
- Constantly strive on improving processes and tools to support business in the most effective and flexible way
- Work with HR team across EU to ensure consistency in policies and improvement of the business
- Master's degree in HR Management or Business degree
- CIPD Accredited - level 5 or level 7
- Experience in HR
- Experience in working for a retail company
- Experience in working in a global environment
Technical skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish trust relationships at all levels in the business
- Very good listening skills and communication
- High flexibility
- Customer centric
- Ability to deliver results, proactive
- Strong work ethics and integrity
- Business and results oriented
- High sense of organization
- Project management skills
- Open to travels