Head of Group Merchandise And Planning
Freedom Recruitment is a leading retail recruitment consultancy in the UK established in early 1997 to provide high quality professional recruitment services to our portfolio of clients within the Retail and Fashion industries.
Our success in providing this service has resulted in the expansion of our business, both within different recruitment sectors and geographically.
Located in the heart of London and Birmingham, our teams recruit on a national scale across all specialist areas of the Retail and Fashion industries. Further demand from our clients has resulted in the establishment of our International Division which is based in our Central London office.
About The Company
Our client, an innovative lifestyle brand, is looking for a strategic and operational senior merchandiser/planning manager.
The ideal profile will have both, head office and a consulting background with leading consultancy firms.
About The Role
• Ensuring the correct definition and implementation of global Brand & Channel assortment policies in line with the strategic and financial objectives of the Board
• Ensuring the correct planning and implementation of a Group-wide purchasing budget in accordance with the strategic and financial objectives of the Board
• Ensuring quality & timing of the global, cross-functional E2E Merchandise & Assortment Planning process
• Ensuring the correct definition of inventory targets for the company portfolio managers (central + de-central) in accordance with the strategic and financial objectives of the Management Board; Ensuring the achievement of the group's goal in cooperation with all stakeholders
• Ensuring a correct, uniform goods-economic reporting of all channels
• Further development of planning methods, tools & systems; ensuring roll-out of consistent standards & tools across all channels and geographies
• Master or equivalent degree in business administration or a comparable degree program
• Several years of operational experience in Channel Sales Planning; optimal: Planning experience in min. 2 different "controlled" sales channels (for example Full Price Retail + E-Commerce)
• Operational experience in planning global brand or product budgets
• Experience in managing a global, cross-functional end-to-end assortment and merchandise planning process
• Deep experience in development & implementation of planning tools and IT solutions, e.g. in the role of a "business" or "stream lead"
• Experience in the creation and further development of economic reporting
• Leadership experience
• Experience in dealing with C-Level contact persons
• Project management experience (internally, as well as in cooperation with external partners)
• Fluent English
• High analytical / analytical ability
• Clear communication
• Ability to adapt to different communication partners
• Creativity & flexibility
• High resilience and resilience
• High degree of structure