Head of Atelier
Aitor Throup is an artist, designer and creative director.
Throup’s multidisciplinary design house (A.T. Studio) prides itself on the development and execution of all its products and projects to the highest level, internationally and across multiple industries including fashion, art, film, music and graphics. A.T. Studio is defined by an innovative approach to design, development and production with an emphasis on process and experimentation.
A.T. Studio, the award winning design studio of acclaimed designer Aitor Throup and his directional menswear brand, is looking for a Head of Atelier to join a new team based in Burnley, Lancashire.
The Head of Atelier will be responsible for maintaining and developing the highest quality of product. The role will be creating, managing and archiving the patterns and garments for all the Aitor Throup related products and brands.
He / she will work closely with Aitor to ensure a consistent workflow throughout the atelier. The Head of Atelier will focus on the small in-house production of high-end products and private orders, as well as translate the high-level products into commercially feasible developments for other externally produced Aitor Throup brands.
The role will monitor other pattern cutter(/s), machinists and interns daily, to ensure the products are created to design and quality specifications, strictly on time and within budget.
- Maintaining and ensuring the highest level of product.
- Managing deadlines of product development.
- Creating and managing schedules for each member of the product development team
- Make garment costing, consumption estimates and estimating unit production times (internal).
- Leading and managing the pattern cutting team, machinist and interns.
- Planning and coordinating pattern cutters workflow throughout development and pre-production stages.
- Managing and overseeing pattern archive in-house and with external pattern cutters or factories.
- Training new pattern cutters and machinists based on design and brand requirements.
- Developing new patterns and refining existing ones.
- Managing the fit developments.
- Applying the most innovative, refined construction details across all the Aitor Throup related products and brands.
- Developing new solutions and techniques to push the innovative approach of the studio.
- Stitching development samples.
- Operating a range of industrial sewing machines and related industrial equipment.
- Excellent manual pattern cutting and draping skills.
- High level of garment manufacturing knowledge.
- Outstanding skills in achieving the highest standards of workmanship.
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and cutting techniques.
- Extremely high attention to details.
- Strong people management skills required to motivate and drive performance within the team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, flexible and multitasking.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Positive, open minded and collaborative.