Global Sourcing Manager
Seeking a Global Sourcing Manager, specifically with experience sourcing across Europe, to join this Premium Heritage Beauty and Lifestyle (non-fashion product) brand.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Partners with the Global Sourcing Team, to develop and refine product sourcing strategies to support Global Marketing 3 Year Plan.
- Identify, qualify and on-board suppliers best able to meet the Brand's ongoing product portfolio needs.
- Recommend new product line concepts and innovation ideas through the use of supplier submissions, retail store and website visits, media trend resources, and trade shows.
- Quickly respond to concept & design briefs with relevant market and supplier feedback and options.
- Build library of primary and secondary packaging options for ready access by Creative, Marketing & NPD.
- Quote and execute product portfolio for both new and existing products per NPD project plan. Lead the sourcing execution of new products from receipt of RFQ from NPD up to initial order placement, including innovation projects, that fall within assigned categories, sub-categories and geography (Europe).
- Participate actively in all cross-functional and line review forums, providing timely updates as well as contingency plans for any exceptions to timeline requirements.
- Select suppliers from Approved Supplier List to quote product development projects.
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely issuance of Requests for Quote and the accurate updating of the Costing Sheets & GAP SmartFlow.
- Request, monitor and facilitate approval of pre-production (PPAP) samples.
- Work closely with Creative, Marketing, NPD, QA and Planning to ensure concepts meet all aesthetic, quality, capacity, inventory and margin objectives.
- Contribute to sample critique and approval in concert with Creative, Marketing and NPD.
- Review supplier quotes and select final supplier based on quality, landed cost, capacity, MOQ considerations, aesthetic interpretation, lead time and supplier project load. Develop and communicate perspective on TCO (total cost of ownership)
- Negotiate and confirm final costs.
- Update events, manage sample requests, input product profile information and confirm item readiness for PO placement, all in GAP SmartFlow environment.
- Support development and maintenance of efficient global supply chain.
- Conduct annual cost reduction effort to effect margin improvement on carryover items.
- Quickly respond to any issues to resolve with supplier.
- Manage 2nd sourcing and re-sourcing projects.
- Negotiate lead time and payment term improvements.
* Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Marketing; and progressive experience in product development and/or sourcing; or, the equivalent combination of training and relevant business experience.
* Experience in gourmet food, personal care, home fragrance and/or decorative print/packaging desired.
* A proven record of executing and delivering product developments on time and on budget.Ability to troubleshoot complex issues, and communicate insights and actions to a cross-functional audience.
* Knowledge of manufacturing process flow and requirements. Understand the fundamentals of Design for Manufacturing. Experience building and maintaining successful relationships with Suppliers, both internal and third party.
* Well-developed analytical, organizational, negotiation and project management skills.
* Experience working with a system/software such as GAP SmartFlow or other product lifecycle management (PLM) system a plus.
- analyse and interpret an array of material ranging from technical data to fashion trends;
- respond to common inquiries or complaints from Customers, Suppliers and others both inside and outside the company;
- write and deliver clear, articulate, interesting and compelling presentations and written materials on controversial or complex topics for a variety of audiences, including senior management;
- relate to and communicate with a diverse constituency and be sensitive to cultural differences and nuances; and
- interpret an extensive variety of material ranging from technical to fashion trends to alternative fragrance, colour and design elements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Periodic travel throughout the UK and Europe may be required.
** Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.