General Manager (Maternity Cover) Zara Norwich
Inditex, one of the world’s largest fashion distribution groups, has more than 6,000 stores in 77 countries in Europe, America, Asia and Africa. In addition to Zara, the largest of its retail chains, Inditex has seven other formats: Pull &Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home and Uterqüe. Its unique management model, based on innovation and flexibility, and its vision of fashion – based on creativity and quality designs, together with the capacity to react quickly to market demands – has enabled it to enjoy rapid international expansion and an outstanding reaction to its various commercial concepts.
Regional Manager/Commercial Director
•To meet the targets or to ensure that procedures are in place, driving them, monitoring and putting corrective actions in place when necessary, for all the following procedures:
-Security and Shrinkage
-Cash desk management
-Health and Safety
•To control stationary, cleaning, telephone, post, maintenance, uniforms and travel costs in line with Company budgets.
•To ensure that procedures are in place, driving them, monitoring and putting corrective actions in place when necessary for all the following procedures
-Payroll and Payroll System (TGT)
-HR: ER processes, sickness and absence management
- Recruitment: To forward thinking and planning with low cost initiatives
•To be a role model, according to skills and attitudes below.
•To have clear, timely and effective communication with Head Office, Product Managers, Regional Manger and/or Commercial Directors and with the store overall with the relevant follow-ups.
•To manage conflict effectively respecting Company standards.
•To give and receive constructive and honest feedback and criticism for/from people they work with in a positive manner and to use it for their own development and their team.
•To develop the team through performance reviews and Personal development plans with the relevant follow-ups.
•To ensure that inductions and relevant training are carried out for all employees.
•To manage succession plans in the store (including Company development programs).
•To manage performance of the relevant employees and to coach them when needed.
•Sales: To use commercial information and product knowledge to drive sales and other activity in the store using the internal tools provided.
•Sales: To drive marketing initiatives and sales performance.
•Hours: To manage the budget of hours in the store effectively.
•Rota: To design the ideal rota to ensure you have people in the right place at the right time.
•Productivity or cash/unit: To meet the budget or to have all procedures in place to make it happen, monitoring and taking corrective actions when necessary.
•Competitors awareness: To be aware, involved and create and manage relationships and / or do Competitor Shopping giving relevant feedback to appropriate parties such as product managers, regional managers and teams.
•To follow the minimums of customer service consistently and drive the team to ensure that these minimums are maintained across the store.
•To be responsible for customer satisfaction in the store.
•To lead by example, ensuring a high level of customer service is offered.
•To drive, monitor and support customer service action plans.
•To ensure that order and replenishment are done timely and effectively.
•To ensure that the store is merchandised according to the best sellers and current trends.
•To ensure that the stockroom is organized efficiently.
• Good knowledge of the Company, the brand and the store they are applying for.
• Solid experience managing a similar fast-paced retail operation (for external candidates) or outstanding performance and accomplishment at INDITEX (for internal candidates).
• Passion for fashion, market, competitors and trend awareness.
• Proven ability to maximise profitability and drive sales.
• Strong team management experience.
• Has leaded a stable and consistent career.
Skills and Attitudes
- Ability to lead by example, motivate and develop staff.
- Shows logical and positive behaviors systematically and in line with Company standards.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Forward planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Numerate and Articulate.
- Schedules and executes multiple tasks simultaneously and in line with Company standards.
- Goal orientated: to be oriented to carry out a good job and achieve or even exceed goals.
- Flexibility and problem solving ability.
- Examines and understands issues from a broad perspective and is able to think outside the box.
- Identifies problems and reacts accordingly.
- Uses initiative to seek proactive solutions.
- Reacts positively to change and encourages the same in others.
- Ability to handle pressure and react quickly to situations making timely decisions in challenging conditions and circumstances.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Takes ownership of self-development.
- Endorses responsibility for their actions, behaviours and decisions.
- Tenacious and resilient.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
This job description is designed to help you understand your role better and to improve the effectiveness of our recruitment process. It is not an exhaustive list of all the things that you may be required to do and maybe required to take on additional tasks.