Executive Assistant / Curation Assistant
Luxury online fine art platform.
Our company, a luxury online fine art platform, is seeking an enthusiastic commercially minded, proactive, and professional Assistant to support the CEO and Chief Curator to join our UK team on a part-time basis (21 hours per week).
You will assist management and the chief curator in all day-to-day operations of a fine art gallery. You will work directly with management on project matters as needed. Streamlining administrative processes. Organizing events. Developing and expanding our portfolio, by selecting and approaching artists. Building and maintaining lasting relationships with our artists. Customer care and order handling. A background in or knowledge of the art world is a plus, however a commercial mindset and positive, can-do attitude are most essential.
You must be confident in all contact with clients, be willing to take feedback and act on it. You will be working with the most talented modern and contemporary artists of our time on an international level and time schedule, we are looking for someone that is flexible and committed, able to think outside of the box and beyond a ‘9 to 5’ mentality.
This position is ideal for target driven individuals who are ready to take on an exciting and challenging role at one of the fastest growing online fine art galleries in the art world.
• General office tasks such as answering phone, filing, processing incoming mail, along with other duties as required or assigned.
• Handling customer service related calls and emails when needed.
• Conduct research when necessary.
• Assist in the entire process of identifying and maintaining relationships with nationally and internationally established artists.
• Supporting the entire negotiation process, from identification of potential artists and dealers, initial contact, preparing and attending meetings, and negotiation to contract.
• Establishing and building long-term relationships with artists and dealers, providing exceptional service.
• Assist in executing the marketing strategy, establishing local partnerships,
generate leads and interest, and analyze marketing trends.
• Maintaining the company’s social media pages and online activities.
- You are on track for, or have recently completed a bachelors degree relating to art, marketing or business.
- Commercial mindset.
- Highly motivated and ambitious with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to manage own workload independently, multi-task and prioritize
- Digitally adapt and very familiar with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- A background and/or experience in the art industry is a plus.
- Confident and well presented appearance.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills as a native level or near-native level English speaker.
Our company offers:
- A challenging and hands-on position where you will be involved in all day-to-day operations of a fine art platform.
- An opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing online Fine Art galleries in the industry working with the best modern and contemporary artists of our time.
- The opportunity to advance to a more senior position with a long term contract.
You can apply by submitting your resume in pdf format including photograph and short cover letter.
Please only apply if,
- You fit all the above requirements.
- Are in London and available for interviews at short notice.
- Are available to start a part-time position, (21 hours - 3 fixed days per week - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) starting from the beginning of July 2017.
- Please note this a part-time position for a 6 months’ term with a fixed non-negotiable salary of based on a full time salary (40 hours per week) of 21 K per annum.
- Important: Your submission must have all 3 requested elements: updated CV, short cover letter and a photograph, otherwise your application will not be taken under consideration.