Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a current roster that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars. The company boasts a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. It is home to premier record labels representing music from every genre, including Arista Nashville, Beach Street/Reunion Records, Bystorm Entertainment, Columbia Nashville, Columbia Records, Day 1, Epic Records, Essential Records, Kemosabe Records, Legacy Recordings, MASTERWORKS, Polo Grounds, RCA Inspiration, RCA Nashville, RCA Records, Sony Classical, Sony Music Latin, Star Time International, Syco Music, Vested in Culture and Volcano. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Manage the D2C (direct to consumer) business for Sony Music UK, across all labels and artists.
Liaise with D2C / Merchandise partners and labels / artist management to ensure all artists are represented with a D2C Store and substantial launch plan for new releases.
Seek out and manage the ticketing process across artists, management, agents, promoters and ticketing agencies.
Support Business Development Team with the acquisition and development across new business accounts and projects.
Liaison for Sony Music D2C business partners including co-ordination of relevant information and scheduling store/product builds in line with Sony Music main product schedules and marketing plans.
Initiate D2C formats, ensuring UK Sales team are aware/approve of exclusive products
Liaise with OCC ensuring all D2C initiatives are chart eligible where appropriate
Liaise with merchandise partners or exercise merchandise rights in Artist contracts to populate D2C stores
Ensure audio bundles with merchandise /3rd party stock meet required P&L objectives
Upkeep an accurate record of all D2C activity across Labels, sales and revenue
Negotiate ticket allocations with managers / agents / promoters for ticketing opportunities
Manage the ticketing process from start to finish ensuring all departments are aware of what needs to be done and by whom
Liaison for Sony Music ticketing partners, info required, album upsells and updating relevant parties with ticket sales when tickets are on sale
Deliver artist database growth using D2C / ticketing as an opportunity to maximise this area
Ensure the smooth running of all business operations. Responsible for overseeing the set up of all new accounts, account administration and in many cases the first point of contact for orders, returns and customer service escalations.
Responsible for raising all Purchase Orders for the Business Development team tracking their approval and dealing with all Supplier queries regarding payment.
- Understanding of media/retail industry markets
- Understanding of ecommerce sites (preferably fashion and lifestyle brands) and how D2C is integrated
- Basic understanding of artist ticketing mechanics
- Experience of media marketing, google analytics
- Proven administration experience
- Excellent communicator who must be able to quickly build rapport with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to summarise and communicate information clearly and concisely either face to face or within reports.
- Natural problem solver must be able to keep calm and professional at all times as well as present solutions to challenges.
- Strong organisational skills a must.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel essential
- Active contributor – comfortable contributing to group discussions.
- Ability to co-operate with others to ensure best outcome for all.
- Ability to work collaboratively within team.
- Willingness to support others to achieve overall business goals
- Self motivated takes initiative to investigate options before escalating.
- Demonstrate an awareness of others and a desire to help.