Digital & Social Media Intern - Mandarin Speaking
Founded in 1851, Aquascutum’s heritage is rooted in the excellence of British tailoring and to this day delivers a stylish and luxurious elegance as well as protection from the unpredictable British weather.
The words ‘Aqua Scutum’ in Latin translate to ‘Water Shield’; for tailor and founder of the brand John Emary was the person responsible for pioneering the first waterproof wool fabric, then used from 1914 to make the functional trench coats for officers in the First World War.
Aquascutum is a British luxury fashion brand famous for heritage fashion since 1851 producing iconic trench coats, ready-to-wear, and fashion accessories.
As Digital and Social Media Intern – Mandarin speaking, you will be reporting to the Ecommerce Manager. You will be supporting the Ecommerce team in ensuring the brand is represented across all platforms, in particular Weibo and Wechat. Supporting the daily management of all platforms, from the content creation to the local support of the Hong Kong office. To support the Ecommerce team in the content updates (including product translations) of the China ecommerce store when needed.
- Reporting to the Ecommerce Manager, you will be supporting the Ecommerce team across a variety of areas, including but not restricted to social media, content creation and translations;
- You will be the main point of contact for the HK office for all the local activities such as in store promotions and Tmall updates;
- Assisting with ecommerce activities (newsletter, trading, traffic and analysis with the help of the ecommerce manager);
- Helping to maintain the Hong Kong/Mainland China websites;
- Helping to create relevant blog articles on the Chinese and Asian websites;
- Working with bloggers and influencers with the support of the Ecommerce Manager and Social Media Executive;
- Helping to post content on Asian social media sites on a daily basis, following the Ecommerce Trading Calendar and bespoke content for the Asian followers;
- Supporting our customer service department, answering queries on shipping and orders on social media;
- Competitor analysis.
- Ideally from a fashion college with a solid understanding of the fashion world;
- Previous experience, including internship, in a fashion retail Head Office would be beneficial; Experience in Weibo and Wechat, both personal and for a brand.
- Fluent and numerate in Mandarin and English is essential;
- Experience with social media channels, particularly Weibo and Wechat;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word);
- Willing to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment;
This role will suit an individual with a serious interest in fashion.
This role may be part time or full time, depending on the availability of the successful candidate.
This is a paid internship at the rate of the National Minimum Wage.
The Recruitment Team at Aquascutum