Design Studio Intern – Paul Smith Collection, Womenswear
- Country :
- United Kingdom
- Region :
- County :
- Central/West End
- Town :
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative spirit, which combines tradition and modernity. Famous for its clothing and accessories collections, Paul Smith specialises in an inventive use of traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge design to create beautifully made, desirable, modern pieces.
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.
Commencing in June 2017, the primary focus of this 6 month undergraduate internship is to work in close collaboration with the Womenswear Design Team, to support with research, design and development of the Paul Smith collection and carry out general design studio and administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department. This is an unpaid undergraduate internship; daily lunch and local travel costs will be reimbursed.
•To assist and work with all members of the design studio on a variety of tasks including; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
•To assist with the sewing up of trials and new development samples, creating maquettes and draping on the stand.
•To work on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
•To amend and update sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
•To update design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensure boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
- Currently studying towards a degree in Fashion, Textile Design or related subject.
- Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
- Advanced user of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative flair with knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases, colour and proportion.
- Basic machine and hand sewing skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong interest in fashion and awareness of trends.
How to Apply:
Please apply on our portal at: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/paulsmith/default.aspx
On applying please include:
- Cover Letter
- A link to your work examples totalling no more than 10 pages that is live for a minimum of 4 weeks.
Applications are welcomed from all sections of the Community.