Commercial Sales Director - Leicestershire
Commercial Sales Director
Competitive Salary DOE
My client is a successful international fashion supplier based in Europe with fantastic offices here in the UK, within the heart of Leicestershire. I am looking to add to the UK team at a senior level and for this position I require an individual with extensive knowledge of the UK fashion industry, across men's, women's and children's trend-led apparel.
This role would suit somebody who is commercially minded whilst at the same time being likeable and highly personable as they must be able to relate to and work closely with personnel at all levels, from Junior Buyers to Retail Directors. For this position you will be managing the businesses largest UK account, across all departments, as well as managing your in house design team. For this I am looking for someone who has a background in sales and account management at a senior level. Some experience within design would also be beneficial as hands-on product development is a must.
Commercial Sales Director - The Role:
* Develop good working relationships with category buyers and category personnel, across men's, women's and childrenswear with one of the biggest retailers on the UK Highstreet, in order to meet the customers' needs as well as the operational and commercial requirements of our business
* To proactively identify/develop new opportunities with existing customer
* To understand high volume, core product supply as well as fast fashion/quick response supply, with the ability to drive a business forward in both areas
* Ensure effective communication at all levels, internally and externally, and continuously guarantee all information is provided to customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate way
* Manage the in-house design team to ensure they are designing and developing commercial product ranges to meet customer and business requirements on product appeal, quality, price and margin
* Keep one step ahead of the competition by researching and comp shops to provide your clients with exciting product.
* Will involve a significant amount of travel (within Europe) as required
* Daily liaison with company offices offshore in Europe
* To work directly with and report into the CEO
* A 'job for life' for the right person - excellent career progression
Commercial Sales Director - The Candidate
* Successful candidate must be driven, ambitious and career-focussed, as well as being commercially minded with excellent business acumen
* Must also be personable and be able to build relationships with and inspire your team.
* Must understand the dynamics of a wholesale/supplier business. Knowledge or fast fashion, quick response supply would be highly beneficial
* Experience across men's, women's and childrenswear would be ideal, but out of the 3 womenswear experience is most crucial
* Must also have experience of working with/for a large fashion retailer
* Ability to identify and develop new opportunities with existing customers is crucial
* Must have excellent management skills
* Must be able to build relationships and give importance to people at all levels - from Buyers Assistant to Buying Director
* An understanding and thorough knowledge of multi product fashion is essential
* Highly organised, with attention to detail with excellent communication skills (written & oral)
* Fully fluent in Microsoft Office, in particularly Microsoft Excel.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.