Buying Administration Assistant
SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Category Management represents Superdry’s Buying function, and we’re growing fast! We currently have a number of brand new positions available across both our Menswear and Womenswear Buying teams, including great opportunities for Buying Administration Assistants. These roles will offer administrative support to the Category Management team and facilitate the purchasing of retail stock, with the responsibility of preparing for buy meetings, sample management and seeing through all orders from selection to arriving in store.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a Fashion/Retail related degree looking to build their career in the Fashion Buying industry. The role is fast-paced, dynamic and offers an incredible chance to join one the UK’s biggest recent success stories at a time of unrivalled global growth. This means we can offer real personal development and challenge in the role, as well as a clear career path for future progression.
- Assist with preparation for own-brand buy meetings, ensuring information and product is prepared in an organised manner
- Collate orders, ensuring correct dates, quantities and size breaks for the different styles are submitted accurately
- Manage the documentation of products selected and changes discussed in buy meetings
- Effectively manage sampling for your product categories
- Organise and prepare product for various meetings
- Update and maintain spreadsheets to track ordering and the shape of range
- Liaise with multiple departments to ensure that any buying activity is fully communicated
- Champion the marketing of your category to drive brand awareness and sales
- Bring competitor reports and awareness to the team to support decision making
- Work with Visual merchandising to build guidelines around intake
- Degree educated, ideally in a fashion or retail related discipline
- Ideally an individual with some work experience within a fashion buying / merchandising role
- Someone with a good understanding of the critical path, from Design to Customer
- Familiar with our customers’ buying trends and the brand heritage
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word
- Able to cope with the pressures of working within a fast-paced environment with ever changing priorities
- Comfortable working within a team to deliver results as well as on your own
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more