XU ZHI is an independent young designer brand. After gaining academic experience at Central Saint Martins, the founder and designer Xuzhi Chen worked in a number of emerging designers’ studios, including Craig Green and J.W. Anderson.
In 2014, Xuzhi Chen established his London studio and has now launched his ready to wear Womenswear collection. Since established, Xu Zhi was shortlisted at H&M Design Award 2016 and LVMH Prize 2016 with just 2 collections. Recently, Xu Zhi was shortlisted for the International Woolmark Prize Asia regional in July 2016.
Based in London studio, Xu Zhi is currently recruiting for a business Intern to assist and support our business team on administrative and marketing tasks.The position requires an intern who is able to professionally communicate both in Chinese Mandarin and English. The assignments will be on both project-based and daily basis. Please note that this is an unpaid internship/ volunteer position but Xu Zhi will be paying your transportation fee.
- To support the team with marketing, finance, logistics and administrative seasonal/ongoing activities
- To help the team conduct finance, logistics and marketing research and to initiate marketing, finance, logistics strategies and activities (both offline and online)
- To assist the team with the recording and distribution of branding and marketing materials and reports
- To assist and support the team with general administrative, coordinating, communicating, logistics and ad-hoc tasks
At Xu Zhi, we closely coach and supervise our interns as real staff members. By this, we mean you will be assigned to do the tasks, based on daily basis to important project-based ones. You will gain valuable experience in real-business environment and this internship opportunity will enable you to apply your academic experience in intellectual and challenging working environment. This is a great opportunity for students to gain experience in marketing and administration in competitive fashion industry.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Must have own means to legally intern full-time in UK. Working hours are on Monday – Friday 10.00 – 18.00 Hrs.
- Previous work experience or academic background related to Finance, Marketing, PR, Branding and Administration. Fashion industry background is not required but will be competitive to the applicant
- Proficient in MS-Excel
- Social media management experience – Instagram and Weibo
- Having your own laptop and necessary software to work
- Excellent in English and Chinese Mandarin for both written and oral communications
- Excellent in number and time management skills
- A can-do and proactive attitudes to work independently
- Length of Internship – Internship/ Volunteer vacancies at Xu Zhi are usually open for the applicants who are able to intern with us AT LEAST 3 MONTHS
If you are interested to join our Internship Programme, please submit the following required documents:
1) CV in MS-Word or PDF Format
2) Cover Letter
Remark: due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted for the shortlisted interviews.