My Client has been established for almost 100 years and in that time has built an excellent reputation as being one of the leading suppliers of high quality fashion accessories to the highstreet.
The success they have achieved in the UK has given them the opportunity to expand and they are now looking for a Business Development Developer to join the team. This role is focused on expanding the overseas retailer base to drive turnover and margin.
Ideal candidate will be an excellent relationship builder, able to oversee the creative direction of product design and manage the product critical path from design to delivery. You must be a confident communicator with the ability to present at a senior level. Applicants should also be commercially aware, proactive and with previous experience in Account Management demonstrating a direct experience of working with high street retailers, within fashion.
Business Developer - The Role
* Develop and maintain new and existing customers through appropriate relationships, designs and propositions, optimising customer service and satisfaction
* Develop the company's' reputation so it becomes the preferred supplier of each account
* Use, create and deliver relevant materials and resources to attract, engage and open contact with prospective customers
* Build and maintain ongoing positive relationships with all customers
* Recognise and maximise opportunities within each account
* Effective product development and sourcing to get the right product for the right customer
* Complete regular comparison shops.
* Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
* Report to the Head Sales and Design the ongoing sales, sourcing, and design situations for your account base
* Self-development and continuing personal development
Business Developer - The Candidate
* Confident communicator - written, verbal and presentation
* Drive and focus for results and a hunger to develop new business
* Passionate about the product demonstrating creative knowledge and understanding
* Commercial judgement coupled with an ability to offer solutions to Customer problems
* Self-motivated with an ability to spot opportunities and maximise them
* Efficient under pressure with an ability to prioritise
* Generate excitement and enthusiasm
* Good listener
* Ability to travel overseas regularly, potentially for several weeks at a time.
* Manage, organise, set-up and represent the Company at Trade Shows and Exhibitions
* Direct experience of working with High Street retailers /buyers.
* Contract sales /made to order.
* Experience of working to target margin/roll-up and seasonal targets.
* Knowledge of working with FE factories.
* Understanding of quality & technical process.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.