Heidi Klein is the UK’s leading luxury swimwear and beachwear brand.Established in 2002, the brand is well known for its effortlessly chic and unmistakably luxe resortwear and accessories.
With flagship stores in London, St Lucia, Porto Montenegro and Punta del Este, a network of prestigious stockists including Saks, Bergdorfs, and Harrods, and a global ecommerce replatforming project underway, Heidi Klein is poised to continue our ambitious growth trajectory over the course of 2018 and beyond.
Identity and positioning are increasingly important for Heidi Klein as we set our sights on international expansion and carving out a distinctive niche for ourselves in today's competitive marketplace.
We are looking for a visionary brand and partnerships manager who can leverage their visual flair and design skills to protect, enhance and evolve how we bring the brand’s look and feel to life across all touchpoints.
Our brand manager’s responsibilities are fourfold:
- To ensure every asset we create and communication we send perfectly encapsulates Heidi Klein’s values and spirit
To define and document our brand’s visual DNA and create brand guidelines to be shared across all stakeholders
- To monitor trends and competitors and ensure we will always stay ahead of the curve in terms of how we communicate our positioning, in order to create innovative, engaging and lasting impressions on our target consumers, therefore increasing sales and market share.
- To identify, nurture and manage brand-enhancing partnerships, both consumer- and trade-facing, to support and reinforce our positioning and increase our reach.
This is a cross-departmental role, which will interface most closely with the marketing, wholesale, retail and ops teams. This role will report into the Head of Marketing but will work closely alongside the Co-founder / Creative Director.
Communications & content:
- Developing, sharing and delivering a content calendar across social, email and blog
- Setting and adhering to a regular cadence of posting on each channel
- Bringing a creative and innovative approach to our content
- Liaising with key wholesale and brand partners on collaborative social and blog content
- Coordinating and managing in store customer events (own database and / or third party databases)
- Managing the end to end process for both our campaign photoshoot and the ecommerce shoots in order to get the best possible quality collateral on time and on budget
- Creating campaign assets for both online and offline execution, including but not limited to:
- Direct Mail
- Media Inserts
- Online banner ads and other interactive ad formats
- Creative assets for paid social campaigns
- Commissioning product copy
- Overseeing the design of static pages for our website
- Creating content for third party placements, print and online
- Working closely with internal teams and external consultants and agencies to ensure that the correct assets, imagery and copy are being used across all touchpoints
- Owning our brand assets and act as cross-departmental brand guardian
- Creating inspirational look books each season
- Creating beautiful and practical line sheets and selling guides that are on brand, ensuring accuracy and consistency of product information
- Establishing and maintaining a brand guide, to include:
- A set of approved brand statements, straplines and descriptors for the umbrella brand and mainline, body and bb separately
- Approved visual motifs and physical expressions of the brand
- Fonts, pantone references etc
- Creating and maintaining a sparkling, up to the minute, brand book which showcases the best of what Heidi Klein has to offer
- Adapting the master brand book for specific lines or purposes - eg bb, resort cabanas, wholesale cabanas
- Managing the design and sign off processes for all evergreen branded assets (stationery, packaging etc)
- Seek out a highly curated set of like-minded brands to deliver activity that will both enhance our attention-to-detail positioning and also contribute significantly to our reach ambitions
- Realise potential marketing opportunities, for the above aims, via existing and newly-engaged wholesale key accounts, with an aim to secure earned exposure including but not limited to email newsletter inclusion, DM / magazine / brochure / printed collateral inclusion, store windows, etc
In-store branding (own stores and franchise):
- Overseeing and coordinating in-store brand assets including campaign imagery and seasonal merchandising
- Assisting the retail team with product merchandising and window dressing
- Liasing with third party VM consultants where applicable
- Working with franchise partners to ensure franchise stores accurately convey the brand experience
Retail cabanas, pop-ups, concessions, and brand experiences:
- Project managing brand-led retail projects, working with resort or retail owners to ensure that allocated spaces align with our visual brand identity
- Come up with creative, appealing and cost-effective ideas for potential cabana partners to showcase our product at its best and drive sell-through
- Project manage any brand-led projects for our wholesale partners as they arise, ensuring that any branding activity delivers an eye-catching customer experience, aligns with our brand identity and drives footfall and sell-through
The ideal candidate will have a highly visual and creative background, excellent project management skills, and will have demonstrable experience, within the luxury and / or fashion sector, in bringing their vision to life through photography, graphic and digital design.
- Previous experience within a similar role in the fashion and/or luxury sectors
- Creative flair, and an eye for design, typography and layout
- A meticulous approach to project management
- An entrepreneurial approach to negotiation and deal-making
- A ruthless ability to prioritise
- A down to earth, hands-on team player
- Photoshop and InDesign skills would be advantageous
- Natively social, with a demonstrable interest in and understanding of the main social platforms