Assistant Store Manager
Italian Luxury Shoe Brand
To provide full support to the store manager in order to maximise the sales volume and profitability of the store in full compliance with the operating standards, policies and procedures of the company.
•Take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the manager and lead by example
•Support the manager in all sales activity within the store and in the delivery of outstanding customer service.
•Promote the brand through excellence of visual merchandising and consistency of store standards.
•Adhere at all times to company policies and operating procedures.
•Act as a role model and ambassador for the company.
1.Assist in the management of resources and prioritising of responsibilities in order to ensure that customer service takes priority at all times.
2.Identify and address all customer needs and expectations.
3.Make a significant personal contribution to the sales targets of the store and promote and support all selling activities.
4.Assist in the management of all stock control in the store and keeping shrinkage levels below target.
5.Support and assist in the development of all staff in order to ensure consistent achievement of company standards
6.Utilise all available support material and be aware of all current marketing and promotional activity.
7. Maintain consistent visual merchandising and housekeeping standards.
8.Maintain an up to date knowledge of all company product and technical information.
9.Ensure adherence at all times to company retail operating and security procedures.
10.Complete all company paperwork accurately and within deadlines.
11.Develop trust and loyalty through fair and consistent supervision of the team.
12. Assist the manager in resolving all employee issues in a professional manner and in accordance with the guidelines in the Store Handbook.
13. Build effective working relationships with colleagues in other stores and in support departments at Head Office.
14. Maintain a safe working environment.
15. Undertake ad-hoc projects as deemed appropriate by your manager or a Director.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in retail
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and email
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations